BMP’s for Roads and trails:
Workshop contents include:
- In depth discussion of the BMP Toolbox for forest roads and trails.
- Introduction and use of the BMP Rapid Assessment Methodology (RAM)
- MFS BMP monitoring protocol with current trends.
- Principles of soils erosion.
- Principles of water flow control.
- Principles of slope stabilization.
- Introduction to Road construction basics.
- BMP Planning and implementation options
- EZ Bar video and demonstration of hydrology and soils erosion principles utilizing a flume table.
Workshop format – 2 day program
Day 1 – ½ day class room or zoom format presentations, ½ day Rapid Assessment in the field.
Day 2 – In field assessment and discussion of a variety of operational situations, plus options for corrective actions and future planning. (This course covers from a stream’s high water mark to height of land. The stream crossing is covered by other training courses)
Prerequisites required – None